Extended Warranty Service Plans!
Unfortunately, we live in a throw away society, and most problems with electronics are now deemed irreparable or too costly to repair, and the product is to be recycled. Our Extended Replacement Service Plans were designed and are tailored to offer our customers inexpensive coverage against all manufacturer defects for the coverage period.
Service Plan: in consideration of the Customer purchasing and paying for Extreme electronics Service Plan (s). Extreme Electronics, on and subject to the terms and conditions hereof, represents that the materials and workmanship incorporated into the Covered Unit(s) are such quality that the Service Plan(s) will perform under normal domestic or personal use within Canada during the Coverage Period. If the covered Unit(s) fails to perform during the Coverage Period under normal domestic or personal use within Canada as a result of defects in materials or workmanship, Extreme Electronics will repair or replace with current equivalent, at its options, such defective Covered Unit(s), or any part(s) of the Covered Unit(s) without charge to the customer for parts or labour on a Carry-In basis unless otherwise specified. Replacement will void any further warranty obligation. Projection lamps are not covered under the plan.
Commercial Exclusions: Extreme Electronics Service Plan standard price list applies to residential use warranties only. Commercial application warranties are available upon prior approval for selected uses at prices which are double the amounts for residential use. This will show on an Extreme invoice as 2 units of the warranty at the regular prices. Extreme Service Rebate features and Transferability features do not apply to commercial warranties.
Coverage Period: Extreme Electronics Service Plan coverage begins on the date of purchase and continues for the term specified on your invoice. Policy terms are quoted for the entire protection period and are not in addition to the Manufacturer`s warranty (unless otherwise specified on the invoice). Repairs required during the Manufacturer's coverage period are the responsibility of the Manufacturer. Extended warranty ends at the point of replacement, replacement product includes only manufacturer`s warranty. The liability of Extreme Electronics under an Extreme Electronics Service Plan is strictly limited to its obligation specified above and those specified on the invoice. All of these obligations are subject to and limited by the Limitations, Exclusions and Conditions contained on the invoice. The customer should carefully review this Extreme Electronics Service Plan and the Limitations, Exclusions and Conditions on the back of the invoice. Please keep your invoice in a secure place, as it must be presented in the event service to the Covered Unit(s) is requested. In the event that a Covered Unit(s) requires service, contact your nearest Extreme Electronics Service location.
Limitations To Recover on Service Plan
1. Any obligation covered by a Manufacturer's warranty is not covered by this Service Plan. Extreme electronics will not assume any responsibility for the Manufacturer's warranty if the Manufacturer is no longer in business.
2. a) Should the purchased product require multiple "like" repairs during the Extreme Electronics Service Plan Coverage period, in accordance with this Service Plan or at any time during the Manufacturer's service plan, Extreme Electronics may, at its discretion, provide the purchaser with a new or similar unit at no charge to the purchaser. When a replacement is required Extreme Electronics attempts to replace the original product with the same brand but reserves the right to substitute when necessary.
b) The existing service plan covers the purchased product only. The customer's plan is nontransferable once a product has been replaced (see also section 9 for ("transfer of service plan to a new purchaser"). A service plan for a new or replacement product becomes the sole responsibility of the customer.
c) Protection is only for defect in material or workmanship. Wear and tear, accident, abuse, misuse, "burn-in" of the image on any display panel, or any service performed on the unit by any party other than Extreme Electronics or its authorized agent will NOT be covered.
d) Extreme Extended service plan includes the cost of the first 20 kilometers from any authorized service depot. Additional travel costs incurred in the execution of the service plan become the responsibility of the customer.
3. The Service Plan ceases immediately upon any of the following:
a) The serial number on the purchases product has been tampered with or adjusted by any person other than the manufacturer.
b) The unit is used in a commercial activity , or for the purpose other than a designated purpose or if it is not operated in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
c) Unavailability of replacement parts due to non-production, labour problems or government order.
4. The Service Plan only covers the product purchased and does not cover any accessories including but limited to, software, add-on or plug-in devices, remote controls, projection TV and front projection bulbs and lamps, or repair to any cabinet containing the product purchased.
5. a) Service does not include installation, cleaning, maintenance, transportation costs or R&R unless otherwise specified.
b) In-home service shall only be during regular working hours and shall be billed to the purchaser where no defect is found or the defect is caused by the purchaser or something other than warrantied product. Mileage charges will apply beyond city limits of any authorized service depot.
6. Extreme Electronics will not be liable for any damage howsoever caused whether directly or indirectly relating to the purchased product and any component parts thereof. The maximum liability that Extreme Electronics may have for loss or damage by any kind that may otherwise be limited by the provisions hereof shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the warrantied product.
7. a) This Service Plan may be cancelled by Extreme Electronics within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery of the purchased product at which time Extreme electronics will provide notice and a full refund of the purchase price of this Service Plan to the Purchaser. Upon forwarding such notice and refunds, the Service Plan shall be cancelled for all purposes.
b) Notice shall be made either by personal delivery in which case it will be effective on the date of delivery or pre-paid registered mail in which case it will be effective on the fifth day following the mailing.
8. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties.
9. The purchaser may transfer this Service Plan to the subsequent owner of the product by paying a transfer fee of $20.00 for each unit providing notice to Extreme electronics within ten (10) days of the date of sale of the unit. All of the terms hereof are binding upon the subsequent purchase of the product.
10. No LOANER products will be provided.
11. For "open box", demo items, and items where comparable replacement item is not available, Extreme Electronics may, at its discretion issue a credit in the amount of the original purchase price, (Less 30% depreciation for the final year or part of a year, and an additional 15% depreciation for each subsequent year) and the unused portion of the Service Plan instead of providing replacement product.
12. Loss of data or damages caused by the loss of data, data reconstruction costs and loss of business costs and/or revenue are not covered by this Service Plan.
For Warranties purchase prior to February 1, 2016:
In the event that no claims are made within the life of the Extended Service Plan, 100% of the value paid (less tax) will be credited to the plan holder. The customer must apply for their rebate letter within 90 days from the expiration of the Plan. The rebate letter (credit) is or purchase of merchandise only: and cannot exceed 50% of the pre-tax purchase price, and has no cash surrender value. These rebates cannot be combined with any other rebate, special offer or incentive and are issued as a one-time only credit.