Shipping and delivery available
Select options at checkout
Note: Navis ARF-51 powered speakers do not have a volume control. If connected directly to a fixed output source, the volume will be at maximum level and may damage the speakers and your hearing.
The ELAC Navis speaker features handy EQ switches on the back panel, so you can tweak the sound to suit your unique listening space.
In audio-design lingo, these speakers are "three-way" — with dedicated woofers handling the bass frequencies, plus a separate midrange and tweeter. To make sure each driver section does its job with maximum efficiency and precision, ELAC gave them individual amplifiers, each with their own power supply. There's 160 watts for the woofers, 100 watts for the midrange driver, and 40 for the tweeter.
All analog, all the way
ELAC's Navis lineup makes one major departure from the usual design approach used by others in their class. They don't use DSP (digital signal processing), so input from an analog source — like a nice turntable — never gets digitized. This approach keeps the signal as pure and uncolored as possible.
Wired and wireless connectivity
Ever the innovators, ELAC created their own wireless protocol called AirX that helps solve a specific bothersome issue: the only way to synchronize the left and right speaker is to run a cable between them. The ELAC Discovery Connect (not included) provides a robust streaming platform for Spotify® Connect, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay® and Roon, so you can eliminate one more wire from your system.
For making wired connections to your preamp or audio source, each speaker has a single unbalanced RCA input and a single balanced XLR input.
The final piece of the puzzle when trying to get the best sound out of any pair of speakers is finding out how they sound in your unique listening space. Each ARF-51 comes with its own separate EQ switches on the back for adjusting high-, mid-, and low-frequency response.
Each individual tower also has a switchable high-pass filter that can be set "flat" to get the most out of the speakers alone, or switched to cut off at 60 Hz or 80 Hz for easy integration with a subwoofer. A subwoofer can be added to your system via your preamplifier's subwoofer output.
- powered floor-standing speaker
- three 5-1/4" aluminum woofers
- 4" aluminum midrange driver with concentrically mounted 1" soft-dome tweeter
- 300 total watts of amplification per speaker
- 160 watts total bass amplification (BASH amplifier)
- 100 watts to midrange driver (BASH amplifier)
- 40 watts to tweeter (pure Class AB amplifier)
- bass-reflex cabinet design with rear-firing ports
- frequency response: 43-28,000 Hz
- add ELAC Discovery Connect to wirelessly stream Spotify® Connect, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay and Roon
- three EQ switches for adjusting low-frequency, mid -frequency and high-frequency response on the back of each speaker
- switchable high-pass filter: flat, 60 Hz, or 80 Hz
- one unbalanced RCA input
- one balanced XLR input
- switch for selecting RCA, XLR, or wireless input
- selectable high/low input gain
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-1/2"W x 40-3/8"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 46.3 lbs. each
- warranty: 3 years
Features & specs
|Aux Input||XLR, RCA|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||4|
|Midrange Type||Metal Cone|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||5.25|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||Not given|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||N/A|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||N/A|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.