JL AUDIO Marine Black 7.7" 2-Way Cockpit Marine Speakers, pair (M770CCS)
The oversized 7.7-inch design of the M770-CCS component woofer results in increased efficiency (more output for a given amount of power). Combine that advantage with long excursion and excellent power handling and you have a speaker system truly capable of playing loud and clear in a powerboat at speed.
Earn 1338 VIP POINTS!
The unique 7.7" diameter of the component woofer provides 20% more surface area, than the typical 6.5", therefore providing an increase in efficiency as well as the ability to play louder and cleaner at high volumes. Although these woofers require a slightly larger mounting hole, they are well worth the small modification for the amount of sound they can produce.
CCS (aka Cockpit Component ) models have component woofers specifically designed for infinite-baffle ("free-air") applications. In plain english, this means that they are designed to operate without an enclosure. More specifically, the component woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). The bass response of the component woofer will suffer significantly if placed in a small enclosure, so make sure your system is planned accordingly. The M-Series is purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty and has been specifically designed to deliver maximum audio performance in any open-air boating environment. Although M770-CCS Component Systems can be used with as little as 40 Watts per channel, for best audio performance JL Audio recommends amplifiers capable of between 75 - 150 Watts of continuous power per channel.
- 7.7" 2-Way M-Series Marine Cockpit Component System
- Power Handling:
- RMS: 200 watts per set/ 100 watts each side
- Recommended Power Range: 40 - 175 watts RMS each
- Color: White Frame w/ White Classic Grille
- Injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with UV inhibitors
- True 2-way networks with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuits
- Centrex® UVresistant polymer baskets and grilles
- DMA-optimized, long excursion design
- Polyswitch solid-state tweeter protection
- Synthetic rubber surround
- 1.00" pure silk dome tweeter
- 1.25" (32mm) voice coil
- Low-profile/ progressive-roll spider
- Top-mount Depth (woofer): 3.15 "
- Cutout Dimensions (woofer): 6.25"
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 45 - 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91.0 dB