JL Audio 1 x 500 W RMS Mono Channel Class D Car Amplifier (JX5001D)
When you inspect a JX amplifier, you'll see specified oversized output transistors and rugged MOSFET power supplies that ensure ample current and thermal capacity.
Lots of power from a very small box
JL Audio's JX500/1D mono amplifier will power your subwoofer with up to 500 watts RMS, so you can experience thunderous bass in your music. A variable low-pass filter and bass boost help you tune your sub to fit your system and sound its best. An optional remote level control lets you turn the sub up or down from the front seat.
Compact, but beefy
You know you're holding a serious piece of sound equipment when you feel the heft of this tiny JX amp. JL Audio built it with sturdy, high-grade parts that ensure excellent heat management, provide high current flow, and deliver stable performance in almost any situation. You won't find blinking lights or meters on the outside of these amps, but you will find oversized output transistors and rugged MOSFET power supplies inside. The high-mass aluminum heatsink keeps things cool enough to virtually eliminate thermal shut-downs.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amplifier design
- MOSFET switching power supply
- frequency response: 10 Hz - 150 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional wired remote level control
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7-7/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 2 years