Shipping and delivery available
Select options at checkout
Built to withstand real-world marine duty, this M7-12IB is designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. It boasts a monstrous 4-inch voice coil and rugged suspension system to deliver outstanding linear excursion for high output and power handling. M7-12IB is best used with amplifier power in the 200W – 600W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 3 cu. ft. / 84.95 l). Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment. The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity. Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer’s motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities and established a global network of quality component suppliers who build to our specifications. This, combined with our commitment to state-of-the-art assembly technology, allows our skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards, in the U.S.A.
– Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 600 W
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.