Shipping and delivery available
Select options at checkout
Keeps up with your smartphone so you don't have to
Kenwood designed the DNX697S to work effortlessly with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. No matter which phone you (or your passengers) prefer, you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your vehicle. The DNX697S gives you fingertip or voice control of your apps, and its impressive 6.75" resistive touchscreen display offers plenty of real estate to check out your sources and other important info — you can even customize the source button locations for easier access.
Screen mirroring for iPhone® and Android™
If you're not a fan of CarPlay or Android Auto, the DNX697S offers convenient screen mirroring for both iPhone and Android devices via wired USB connection. You'll need to have the "Mirroring for Kenwood" app on your smartphone to take advantage of this feature. Once you're up and running, you can see all the action from your phone right on the stereo's display. With Android devices, you'll also be able to control the phone via the stereo and vice-versa.
Stay on the right path with 3 years of Garmin map updates
Leave worries about getting lost behind, as the DNX697S supplies Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns, lane assistance, and realistic views of complicated intersections. 3D terrain views give you the lay of the land for even more assurance. You also get three years of free map updates from Garmin, so you're sure to stay current as roads and destinations change down the line — these updates only available via the Garmin Express app suite for PCs. Kenwood's interface also provides more opportunities for split-screen control, so you can still follow the maps as the stereo shows you what's playing or who's calling.
5 years of free INRIX traffic reports
You'll get a free 5-year subscription to INRIX traffic service, which provides quick updates on congestion along your route. You'll need to have your smartphone with the app on it connected to the receiver to take advantage of these traffic updates. INRIX updates require an in-app purchase after the 5-year subscription ends.
Get more from your local stations with an HD Radio™ tuner
The DNX697S also features an HD Radio tuner. You'll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
Access your tunes how you want
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while an A/V input offers connection for more audio/video sources. Two rear USB inputs let you add audio from an iPod or flash drive, including high-resolution FLAC and WAV files. You also get a microSD card slot for playing digital music files and map updates.
Satellite radio delivers so many options
Why struggle with stations fading away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there. The DNX697S works with TuneMix, SportsFlash, and other new SiriusXM features, which give you even more customizable options for listening the way you want.
Hearing is believing
Kenwood equipped this Excelon receiver with custom-made or carefully curated sonic components — including three sets of gold-plated 5-volt preamp outputs — to deliver peak levels of audio performance. A 3-way crossover lets you adjust for separate highs, mids, and sub frequencies if you're rocking a component system. Kenwood's Drive EQ+ technology boosts certain frequencies that are easily masked by wind and tires rolling on asphalt. It also enhances your music's bottom end as your speed increases, so you can really feel those tunes as you drive. You can also craft the sound to your ears' content with a 13-band equalizer and other soundshaping tools at your disposal.
Cover the angles with up to three cameras
The DNX697S is capable of connecting up to three cameras so you can see more when you're getting in and out of tight spots. If you've got a pair of rear-view cameras, you can reverse the image of the one up front to get a more precise picture.2>Product highlights:
- DVD/CD navigation receiver
- motorized 6.75" clear resistive touchscreen
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC music files, plus high-res WAV and FLAC files
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (wired connection)
- wired screen mirroring for iPhone and Android with "Mirroring for Kenwood" app
- music control and charging of Apple devices using the USB connections
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- compatible with Kenwood Remote S smartphone app for wireless source selection through your phone
- Garmin maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- 3 years of Garmin map updates included with purchase (Garmin Express software suite for PC required)
- optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app — 5-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance and junction view
- 3D terrain view
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and microSD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to overcome road noise
- 13-band EQ
- high- and low-pass filters and 3-way crossover
- digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- dual-zone A/V output
- supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- audiophile-quality sonic circuitry including gold-plated preamp outputs
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: two rear detachable USB inputs; microSD card slot; rear A/V input (mini); two camera inputs; input for Kenwood DRV-N520 Drive Recorder
- outputs: video output (RCA) with audio output (mini-jack); 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- microSD card slot for map updates
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.