Shipping and delivery available
Select options at checkout
Get smart apps and great sound
Ever want that high-fidelity sound you get from a great home stereo system while you're heading down the road? The Kenwood Excelon DDX6906S DVD receiver plays lots of high-res audio formats, all kinds of streaming music, and even those shiny discs known as CDs and DVDs. A customizable 6.8" touchscreen display lets you run the show and tweak the sound using its deep sound-sculpting tools. You can connect your smartphone and enjoy Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay™ integration. Or, don't plug in and use Bluetooth for wireless convenience. And Kenwood backs up their Excelon series receivers with a 2-year warranty.
Smart smartphone integration
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone's content at your fingertips. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music.
With Android Auto, you get access to Waze and Google Assistant to help run your infotainment.
More phone fun with WebLink
This Kenwood includes WebLink, which provides you simple in-dash control over select apps like YouTube® and Yelp®. What's especially nice is that WebLink works with both Android and iPhone. So load up the free WebLink for Kenwood app, plug in your phone, and you'll have quick access to some handy infotainment for your journey.
Wireless convenience for the crew
Since yours might not the only phone used in your vehicle, the DDX6906S enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist.
A sharp display to run the show
This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen, while you enjoy your music up front. You can also plug in front- and rear-view cameras to play it safe in crowded parking lots. Kenwood also provides an electronic angle adjustment for the display, so you can tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location — all without physically moving the display.
More music options
Got a high-res music library? You'll be stoked that this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. And if you listen to Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll really dig playing music from Pandora™ and Spotify™ on this receiver. You can even tap into Apple Music™ on your iPhone. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from Jacksonville to Jackson Hole. The DDX6906S also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too.
Making your music sound its best
Once you've got your music going, Kenwood provides several ways to get the most out of your tunes. This receiver's 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment take tweaking to a new level. Much of today's music uses compression which can sometimes muddy the sound, so Kenwood's Realizer and Supreme technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging. The DDX6906S also includes three pairs of 5-volt gold-plated RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DDX6906S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, DSD (up to 11.2 MHz) and FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/192 kHz)
- 6.8" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- variable color illumination with over 30,000 choices of colors
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android; Apple Music control with iPhone only
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control and rapid Android charging via USB port (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- 13-band graphic EQ with Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- bass boost and loudness controls
- high- and low-pass filters
- parking grid lines for rear-view camera
- dual zone capability for separate audio sources in front and rear of vehicle
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear analog A/V input (mini-jack), front- and rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: rear analog A/V output, 6-channel gold-plated preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.