Shipping and delivery available
Select options at checkout
The problem is your premium sound system is just not loud enough, but replacing the puny factory amplifier with a more powerful one will result in losing some of your vehicle's audio functions and all its audible notifications. Kenwood's Excelon XR600-6DSP 6-channel amplifier with digital signal processing makes a great solution paired with an iDatalink AR amp replacement module, adding a huge amount of power and tuning ability to your system while retaining all of the vehicle's audio and communication functions.
The Maestro AR connection
The iDatalink Maestro AR module uses a vehicle-specific T-harness plugged into the factory radio harness to provide a clean audio signal for the XR600-6DSP amplifier. In addition, it supplies the specific control signals that retain your vehicle's factory audio functions and notifications. This method of connection results in a much cleaner output than the usual method of summing factory amplified signals together, processing and removing amp noise, and re-amplifying the signal for the speakers. Note: This Kenwood amp must be used with the iDatalink module and harness. It will not operate as a stand-alone amp.
This Kenwood Excelon amp will add clarity and punch to your audio, as it powers each speaker with up to 75 watts RMS. Or, in order to power a complete system, the amp can drive four speakers with Channels 1-4, while it sends 200 watts RMS to your subwoofer from channels 5-6 in bridged mode. Even better, the XR600-6DSP can be set up to actively power your front tweeters, front midrange drivers, rear full range speakers, and provide processed signals for a separate, more powerful subwoofer amplifier, like an XR1000-1. The XR600-6DSP can fit in many different places in your car because of its incredibly low profile — it's only 2" tall.
Digital signal processing
You won't find any knobs or buttons on the XR600-6DSP as all the controls are software-based and accessible only by way of your iPhone or Android device. Kenwood's DSP control app lets you route signals to where you want them to go, apply and adjust high- and low-pass filters, and set the time-alignment of each speaker so the stereo image will sit centered on the driver seat. You can adjust the tone to perfection with the onboard 13-band graphic and 3-band parametric equalizers.
13-band graphic equalizer
Two "tweak-ability" modes
Having so much control over so many audio parameters might get confusing, especially for someone who likes to adjust the sound while driving. Instead of risking the loss of a perfect tuning by touching the wrong control on your phone, you can put the XR600-6DSP in "User Mode" and limit the remote control to selecting EQ and time-alignment presets and adjusting the subwoofer volume.
- 6-channel car amplifier with digital signal processing
- requires an iDatalink Maestro AR amplifier replacement module (sold separately) for connections and controls
- 75 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
Digital Signal Processing:
- 10-channel 32-bit 192 KHz digital processor
- all controls and adjustments made via Kenwood DSP Control App (compatible with iPhone and Android devices)
- selectable high- and low-pass filters (31-19,900 Hz) with selectable slopes (6, 12, 18, 24 dB/octave)
- 13-band graphic and 3-band parametric equalizers
- time delay/alignment
- Installer Mode accesses all controls
- User Mode limits functions to selecting EQ and time-alignment presets and subwoofer volume
- 6 speaker-level inputs (no RCA preamp inputs)
- 4 processed preamp outputs
- fan cooling
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- dimensions: 12-5/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.