PRO-JECT Xtension 10 Evolution, Palisander, No Cartridge
Xtension 10 Evolution is ideal for all, who look for sound quality of standard Xtension in a more compact size below 48cm width, to fit standard audio racks. It incorporates all of our 20 years experience in turntable design DUST COVER INCLUDED.
Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultrasilently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension.
The Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from 'high-mass' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14g. it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights. Xtension 10 Evolution comes with a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges, as well as in high gloss lacquer finishes mahogany, piano and olive.
• Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
• Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
• Precision balanced sandwich-platter
• Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
• Heavy weight record clamp
• Extremely low level of natural resonance
• Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
• Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
• Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
• Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)